You have saw it on my sidebar for many weeks now the advertising for the GREAT lineup out there in Asheville North Carolina for the 22nd annual Bluegrass First Class hosted by Festival Director Mr. Milton Harkey and his organization that is fiercely dedicated to the proliferation and promotion of Bluegrass music in all forms. He is by all means one of the modern day pioneers of his craft in many ways:
- One of the founding fathers of the IBMA (June, 1985) and Chairman of the Board for 3 years.
- Originator, founder and producer of The Doyle Lawson & Quicksilver Family Style Bluegrass Festival in Denton, NC (for 17 years)
- Founder and host of the Pizza Hut International Bluegrass showdown, a talent search for bluegrass and acoustic bands throughout the US and Canada. Pizza Hut was the Title Sponsor.
- Founding member of the South Carolina Bluegrass Society, Inc and Chairman of the Board for 3 years.
- Producer of several bluegrass festivals: Fox on the Run Bluegrass Festival in Lexington, Little Mountain, SC, founder of the Kinston Winter Bluegrass Festival in Kinston, NC in conjunction with the Eastern North Carolina Bluegrass Association.
- Disk jockey for 1 year with a 3 hour weekly show at WCOS-FM Radio, a 100,000 watt station located in Columbia, SC.
- Event producer at the Quarter Moon Listening Parlor in Columbia, SC.
- Harkey continues to spend his spare time working with young bluegrass artists by providing the opportunity to showcase their talents and achieve the recognition of seasoned bluegrass audiences nationwide.
On Feb 17,18 and 19th at the Crowne Plaza Resort in Asheville North Carolina you will find this stellar lineup of GREAT Bluegrass music to entertain you in fine fashion. So first we shall talk about the lineup of bands before all the rest of the information here. As usual I shall post not only the poster but all of the band links too!
Will Clark & Rhythm Section
Russell Moore & IIIrd Tyme Out
The John Jorgenson Bluegrass Band
Rhonda Vincent And The Rage
NOTE: Friday each band will perform at two daily times.
Some might fine looking accommodations embellish this festival and entice you to want to come and enjoy some music in this area folks, I highly suggest you come check out what they are doing out there. I can tell you previous experience that Asheville North Carolina is a gorgeous area. And the initial hotel that is hosting this event includes the ENTIRE HOTEL, this from their website:
There will be pickin’ around the clock in the halls, rooms, lounge, sunken lobby, and foyer. The entire hotel is reserved for bluegrass fans and performers – It’s all yours, so just have at it! There is one quiet wing in the hotel and in that area we respectfully request that there be no jammin’.
31 Woodfin St
Asheville, NC 28801
201 Tunnel Rd
Asheville, NC 28805
Free Hot Breakfast Each Morning
*Ask for the special Bluegrass rate: $73.10 + Tax