Tickets are available for this event by clicking HERE .
Folks parts of Florida were severely damaged by the hurricanes this year but The Suwannee Roots Festival will be going on this weekend, and this lineup is wonderful. I believe I have included all of the needed information below including FULL band links and I also researched hotels and area places to go.
As all of you know my website promotes and attends up to 175 festivals yearly, this one is nothing short of stellar, so please if you are out in that area support this event.
The Wood Brothers
Driving Directions & Travel Info
Located just north of Live Oak, Fla, the Spirit of the Suwannee Music Park is a one-of-a-kind music park and premier campground nestled on the shady banks of the historic, tea-colored Suwannee River in North Florida. The Spirit of the Suwannee is proud to host a variety of events throughout the year. In addition to these events, the park offers live music during the week in the Music Hall and a natural amphitheater for outdoor music festivals.
The grounds include 700+ acres for camping, hiking, canoeing, bird watching, jogging, observation at the world’s largest bat house, Way Down Upon the Suwannee River Trail Ride and New Year’s Eve Party, putt putt golf and pro-quality disc golf, a honey bee observation exhibit, beautiful rental cabins (and custom built cabins for sale), RV parking with full hookups, electric and water sites, shower and bath houses, full service restaurant, golf cart rentals, the Arts and Crafts Village, Country Store and much, much more. Or, you can just hang your hammock between two trees, put your feet up and relax as you listen to the quiet sounds of nature all around you
Need more information?
The Spirit of the Suwannee Music Park is conveniently located near Live Oak, Florida, between Interstates 75 and 10.
Festival Entrance GPS Address
9379 County Road 132, Live Oak, Fl 32060
Take exit 283 and go north on US 129 4.5 miles.
Take exit 451 and proceed south 4.5 miles. Keep an eye out for our sign!
Spirit of the Suwannee Music Park & Campground is centrally located to over 500 Florida Tourist Attractions within 2 ½ hours driving time.
General Festival Rules
- The Spirit of the Suwannee Music Park is open 365 days a year. Guests may arrive early to set up camp for additional camping fees. Please note that at high traffic times you may experience a delay in processing your entry. Come early!
- During music festivals at the Spirit of the Suwannee Music Park and Campground, dogs and other pets create problems. Accordingly, the Park rules prohibit pets. Next time you plan to visit Spirit of the Suwannee for a music festival, or special event, please DO NOT BRING YOUR PET! You will either be refused entry to the Park, or will be required to leave without a refund if you and your pet are found. If you have a legal service dog, you are welcome to bring it so long as it wears a tag showing that it has a recent, active, anti-rabies vaccination. You must also check your service dog in when you arrive at the Park so it can be properly credentialed.
- No illegal substances or activities will be permitted. Please note that Marajuana usage is illegal in the state of Florida and Suwannee County, unlike some other parts of the country.
- Re-entry is allowed for Weekend Ticket Buyers as long as you do NOT remove your wristband. We are NOT responsible for lost of missing wristbands. If you lose it, you will pay an additional fee to replace it.
- NO FIREWORKS!
- NO SPINNING FIRE/POI! (Sorry we just don’t have the safety program implemented yet)
- NO WEAPONS!
- NO NITROUS! (If security finds a tank, you will not be granted entry.)
- NO GLASS! (Please bring all beverages in cans or plastic)
- NO FIGHTING! (If you are involved in a fight both parties will be asked to leave)
- CAMP FIRES ARE ALLOWED WEATHER PERMITTING. PLEASE ONLY START CAMP FIRES IN DESIGNATED AREAS AND BE SURE TO EXTINGUISH BEFORE LEAVING YOUR CAMPSITE
- A variety of micro brewed beer will be available for purchase! (Photo ID will be required to consume alcohol).
- Lost or stolen tickets cannot be replaced.. Keep them safe! We will scan them.
- Ages 18 and under must be accompanied by a legal guardian
- All persons, vehicles, and possessions will be searched upon entry.
- Due to Florida regulations no outside alcohol will be permitted within the concert area.
- There will be on-site security at all times as well as first aid stations open 24/7.
- All camping attendees are subject to search upon entry.
- Feel free to bring your own food and beverages into onsite camping.
- Campers are expected to behave in a manner that is courteous to other campers.
- All general car & tent campers are permitted to visit each others camp sites.
What is the closest airport to the venue?
Jacksonville, FL #JAX
Can I sell my crafts around the site? Can I sell my delicious homemade burritos?
For health and quality reasons, unauthorized food vendors pose a risk to festival goers. Unauthorized food vendors are not permitted and will be shut down to alleviate that risk. Each year Suwannee Roots Revival is committed to selecting quality craft and merchandise vendors. The unauthorized sale of merchandise in the camping area is not permitted, and Suwannee Roots Revival is committing to ensuring a successful event for all authorized vendors.
What is the policy on cooking devices?
PLEASE follow these instructions if you are planning on using a grill. You can use gas/propane fuel sources or charcoal, but scavenging for wood on site will NOT be permitted. No more than 10 pounds of charcoal per grill per car will be allowed. The fire must be entirely contained and off the ground. Air quality is a concern. Please keep the fires as small as possible and extinguish them as soon as you are finished. When you are done cooking with charcoal, put it out with water before going into the show or going to sleep or leaving your camp, rather than letting it burn out over time. In any case, DO NOT DUMP COALS ON THE GROUND (ever) or in the trash until they are entirely cool. After the coals are COMPLETELY DEAD, dispose of them properly as garbage.
What kind of camping is provided? Can we camp with our friends?
Amazing camping! Primitive Camping comes with your ticket. Primitive includes Tent or Car camping. Yes, you may camp with your friends!
What is provided at the Spirit of the Suwannee Music Park Campgrounds?
There will be bathrooms and hand wash stations. A general store will be selling sundries (personal hygiene products, batteries, film, disposable cameras, ice, water, etc…) Vendors will be selling a variety of reasonably priced foods, beverages and snacks. ATM Machines WILL be available in multiple locations on the site.
What emergency services will be available on site? What should I do if I need emergency assistance (medical, police, towing, locksmith, etc.)?
There will be emergency medical personnel and Security personnel onsite around the clock. If you need EMERGENCY medical or police attention, find a staff person with a radio, go to an information tent, medical tent, or tell one of the security personnel. Make sure your lights and radio are turned off when you park so you don’t drain your battery! Try not to lose your car keys or lock them in your car, we recommend bringing an extra set of keys to be safe. Also, please help us keep the parking areas clear of discarded bottles and other hazards – the tires you save could be your own!
What else should I know?
Pace yourself! Eat enough, drink enough water (it’s really important to stay hydrated), and get enough sleep so that you can enjoy the second day as much as the first. Also, if you can bring patience and a sense of humor, it will be a great gift to yourself as well as those around you, and it will help you to get the most out of your experience. Be a good neighbor – get to know your neighbors, watch their stuff and they will return the favor.
Venue Rules & FAQ’s
WELCOME TO CORNETT’S SPIRIT OF THE SUWANNEE MUSIC PARK AND CAMPGROUND!
Your job is to enjoy the beautiful Spirit of the Suwannee Music Park. Our job is to help you, and everyone else, enjoy the Park. If we succeed, then we will have the most outstanding music-oriented campground on Earth; a place that we can enjoy for many generations to come. These regulations are a special contract between the Cornett’s Spirit of the Suwannee Music Park, its employees and guests, and control the duties and responsibilities of all Park visitors. §513.117. Fla. Stat. Because of the tremendous popularity of music festivals, special rules apply during those special events; special rules are indicated in BOLD TYPE. If you violate any of these rules, you may be ejected from the Park without a refund.
ADMISSION TO SPIRIT OF THE SUWANNEE MUSIC PARK. Almost everyone is welcome at the Park. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, gender, physical disability or creed. All guests under the age of 18 must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian. We retain the right to refuse services to any person who displays intoxication, profanity, lewdness, brawling, whose conduct disturbs the peace or comfort of others, who damages property, who engages in illegal or disorderly conduct, whose conduct is a nuisance, or who violates any of these rules. All visitors must check in with the Park Office or Gate Attendant upon first arrival, and must pay any required admission fee (additional fees apply for overnight stay, activities, services and events). You may be required to display a vehicle pass or sticker on your vehicle at all times while on the premises. If you require a special accommodation for your visit due to a disability, please advise the Park Office or Gate Attendant when you enter the Park.
Guests during special events must present a ticket, along with a valid photo-identification, for entry into the Park, and will be issued a wristband that must be worn for the duration of the event. Take care with your wristband; if you take it off or lose it you will be required to buy a new ticket. NO EXCEPTIONS! Additional camping fees may apply depending upon your arrival and departure dates, and where you camp.
GETTING AROUND AND PARKING. “River Road” is the Park’s main street. It is one of the few paved roads in the Park and runs from the entrance off Highway 129 to the parking area for the white sandy beach on the Suwannee River. In addition to a few internal roads, the Park contains miles and miles of beautiful hiking paths and horse trails. A map of the Park is available in the Park Office, and is posted nearby. Typically, festival brochures include a map of Park features and venues.
The two most important travel rules are:
*ALWAYS yield to pedestrians – they have the right of way!
*Secondly, slow down and stay alert! The maximum speed for any vehicle (golf cart, bicycle, horse or other means) is ten (10) miles per hour. If children or crowds are present, slow down or stop to avoid them as needed.
There are designated areas for parking cars, trucks, golf carts and RV’s; do not park outside of designated areas or your vehicle will be towed at your expense and inconvenience. Please do not park any vehicle, including a golf cart, on someone else’s space. When in doubt, please don’t risk it. Do not park in a designated handicap accessible space unless you have the proper license plate or other State-issued insignia; your vehicle will be towed at your expense.
Be aware that Driving Under the Influence or “DUI” is not tolerated in the Park. You may be arrested by law enforcement officials and taken to jail if you are observed to be DUI in the Park, regardless of the vehicle, golf cart, bicycle, or automobile you may be driving.
All motor vehicles must be properly licensed and insured and all motor vehicle operators must be over 16, properly licensed and insured. You must display a Park-issued vehicle pass at all times. We will refuse entry to motor vehicles that are loud, stinky, or that have safety issues in our sole discretion. All-terrain vehicles (ATV’s), off-road utility vehicles (ORV’s), recreational utility vehicles (RUV’s), dirt or motocross bikes, go-carts, and dune buggies are not allowed in the park.
Golf carts are a popular and convenient way to get around. Rentals are available at the Country Store. If you wish to bring your own, a trail fee must be paid upon arrival at the Park. We allow gas/electric factory models that do not exceed 14HP: E-Z Go (295 and 350 cc); Club (290 and 350 cc); and Yamaha (357 cc). Also, golf carts can’t exceed 8 inches maximum lift, a 23 x 11 x 12 maximum tire size and meet factory muffler specifications. You must check in your golf cart upon arrival at the Park, present proof of registration and insurance, have your golf cart inspected, fill out a form, pay a trail use fee, and obtain a sticker to be displayed while at the Park. Golf cart drivers must be licensed and over age 16. The driver and passengers must be seated at all times during operation. Be aware that headlights and taillights must be used from before dusk till after dawn. Golf carts must stay on designated roads and trails and be parked at your campsite by Midnight. During special events golf carts should be parked at your campsite no later than one-hour after the concert ends for the night. Trail fees during special events are non-refundable.
Bicycles are available for rent from the Country Store. All bicycles operated from between dusk and dawn must burn front and taillights. Children under the age of 16 must wear a helmet as required by Section 316.2065, Fla. Stat. If you ride a bicycle on designated trails, please respect the environment and be kind to pedestrians, persons on horseback, animals, and other cyclists.
Horses are usually welcome in the Park’s horse camping area and on marked horse trail areas, except during some special events. Horse owners must check in and present proof of a negative Coggins test, along with other required health certifications. Horses are not allowed on roadways, camping areas, or anywhere outside of the horse camping area and marked horse trails. No riding at night. A horse that kicks must be identified by a RED ribbon tied on its tail. No “tie outs” are allowed. See office for details. Horses are not allowed in the Park during special events.
During some special events, free shuttle service may be provided and we assume no risk for your use of such shuttles.
ENJOYING THE PARK’S NATURAL SETTING. We strive to keep the Park a clean, safe place for kids of all ages to enjoy! Please respect the environment, and do not harm plants or animals. Please do not litter. Place cigarette butts in ashtrays. No fireworks of any kind are allowed. Guns, Tasers, and all weapons are strictly prohibited on Park property, and that includes weapons carried in motor vehicles. Properly authorized law enforcement and security personnel may carry weapons as authorized by law, when on duty. Please respect fellow campers by not passing through their campsites. Picnic tables are provided by the Park at some spaces; please keep them clean and free of clutter when not in active use.
The Park maintains a quiet time of 11 P.M. During some festivals, jam sessions and drum circles may last until the wee hours with due consideration of those camping nearby.If weather and other prevailing conditions are acceptable to the Park, properly contained campfires are permitted in enclosed fire rings or in small dirt fire pits.
No bonfires or large fire pits allowed. Do not collect, or cut, trees or shrubs. Do not burn treated wood, plastic, garbage or trash. Fires must be supervised at all times and carefully put out before leaving unattended. Do not use gasoline, kerosene or other accelerants to start fires. Firewood and fire starters are available at the Country Store.
All of the airspace above the Park is restricted and no person is authorized to operate any type of aircraft, drone, radio-controlled airplane or helicopter, kite, Chinese lantern, luminary, sky lantern, fire balloon, Kongming lantern, hot air balloon, or other flying object, except that Frisbees, footballs, and other similar toys may be used when they do not present a danger or nuisance to other guests.
Please use alcohol and medication responsibly and lawfully. Underage drinking and use of illegal drugs is strictly prohibited.
During musical performances, please be advised that you may be exposed to loud sounds, and please take whatever action you deem necessary to protect your hearing. The use of high-quality ear protection is strongly recommended for infants and small children.
The posting or distribution of literature; or the sale, distribution or solicitation of any product or service is only allowed with advance written approval of Park management. Sale or distribution of products or services by vendors during special events is only allowed by approved written contract.
Urgent messages may be available in the Park Office. In case of emergency, call 911 immediately. Report any problem by stopping by the Park Office or by calling the office at (386) 364-1683. If you are injured while in the Park, you must promptly report such injury to the office in person or by phone.
If you lose something, please check at the Park Office. If your personal property has identification with your address and contact information, we will try to contact you to have you claim it. Any such property unclaimed after 90 days will become property of the Park.
Ticket holders are subject to, without limitation, the following terms and conditions:
• No refund will be given on lost or stolen tickets or wristbands of unused tickets. NO EXCEPTIONS!
• No food or beverages may be brought into the festival area; however, please check the Festival brochure to see whether or not you may bring in a new, unopened plastic bottle of water or an empty water container. NO GLASS CONTAINERS are allowed in the festival area.
• No weapons, laser devices, drones, model airplanes, fireworks, luminaries, or any other items determined dangerous by Cornett’s Spirit of the Suwannee, Inc. may be brought into the Park, or in a motor vehicle operated in the Park.
• Management will be allowed into all venue areas.
• All artists and times of performances are subject to change and/or cancellation without prior notice.
• Tickets that are lost, stolen, counterfeit or obtained from sources other than Park or any of its ticket outlets will not be honored.
• It is unlawful to obtain/attempt to obtain admission by fraud. Any such admissions/attempted admissions will be prosecuted to the fullest extent allowed by law.
• Cornett’s Spirit of the Suwannee, Inc. reserves the right to refuse admission and/or revoke any ticketed admission without refund.
• No unauthorized video or audio recording allowed in venue areas during special events.
• Management reserves the right to at its sole discretion to refuse admission to or to eject any person from the premises whose conduct is deemed to be disorderly, vulgar or abusive, and/or who fails to comply with park policies and procedures. Failure to comply will terminate any rights of ticketholder and will be removed from premises.
• Ticketholder agrees to comply with all State, local and Park rules that prohibit and limit alcoholic beverages, illegal drugs, weapons, controlled substances, recording devices, cameras, or containers being brought into the Park or venue area.
• The Park reserves the right to search all persons and vehicles entering the property.
• All tickets are non-refundable and do not bear any cash value.
• Cancellation of the event by Act of God, strikes, riots, or any other act/order of any public authority beyond the control of Cornett’s Spirit of the Suwannee, Inc. does not obligate Management to ticket refunds or substitute performance(s).
• Cornett’s Spirit of the Suwannee, Inc. and/or any of its management, officers, directors is not held liable for any personal loss, injury, death, property damage, or any other harm suffered by participants, vendors, lessors, spectators at any special event.
• By entering the Park patrons consent to the use of their likeness for media coverage, marketing, and advertising of the Park or of the event, without compensation or a signed release.
• Tickets and wristbands are nontransferable; tickets and/or wristbands must be worn by the same person for the entire festival.