My buddy Mr. shooter Jennings stays busy, and so does Miss Brandi Carlile. Mr. Shooter is currently on tour at The Big Sky Festival in Montana, and Miss Brandi is currently messing around with her new supergroup the Highwomen, which I am working on writing about now. She announced a huge Ryman concert run in 2020 and is having a GREAT year, however she stopped to get together with Mr. Shooter Jennings to co produce the ALL NEW album from Country Legend Miss Tanya Tucker .
For the first time in 17 years we will have new music from her in the form of the 10 track album called “While I’m Livin’ “, which is available now for pre order and will be available on August 23rd. The first single and video have been released already for the song called the “The Wheels Of Laredo”, and I have embedded them here.
I have a lot of respect for what Shooter Jennings does for so many people like her and Hellbound Glory, and Billy Don Burns. He releases a lot of music that not many else would. This album is going to be a blockbuster turning point for her career, and will hopefully reignite her as she has announced a show at the Exit In this fall.
This album is reportedly molded after her life and the places she has been, like the song “Mustang Ridge” which is about her troubled youth and hard times growing up in central Texas. “High Ridin Horses” was a 1987 song that was selected by Shooter that featured Mr. David Lynn Jones and his father, Waylon Jennings.
I am going to be eagerly writing more on this subject at a later date folks!
1. Mustang Ridge (written by Brandi Carlile, Tim Hanseroth and Phil Hanseroth)
2. The Wheels Of Laredo (written by Brandi Carlile, Tim Hanseroth and Phil Hanseroth)
3. I Don’t Owe You Anything (written by Brandi Carlile, Tim Hanseroth and Phil Hanseroth)
4. The Day My Heart Goes Still (written by Brandi Carlile, Tim Hanseroth and Phil Hanseroth)
5. High Ridin’ Heroes (written by David Lynn Jones)
6. The House That Built Me (written by Tom Douglas and Allen Shamblin)
7. Hard Luck (written by John C. “Pete” Bailey, David Lee Mitchell, Raymond L. Turner and Jerry Ontiberoz)
8. Rich (written by Brandi Carlile, Tim Hanseroth and Phil Hanseroth)
9. Seminole Wind Calling (written by Brandi Carlile, Tim Hanseroth and Phil Hanseroth)
10. Bring My Flowers Now (written by Tanya Tucker, Brandi Carlile, Tim Hanseroth and Phil Hanseroth)